My Geek Code (v3.0) Says....
GIT d- s: a++ C++ UA+L+++S-X+ P++
L+++ !E W++ N++ w PE Y+ PGP++ t+ 5 X-- R tv+ b++ DI+ !D G-- e++ h-- y?
- Geek: GIT
- I'm a geek of information technology.
- Dress: d-
- I'm usually in jeans and a t-shirt. I probably don't remember what I wore yesterday.
- Shape: s:
- I'm the height of an average geek.
- I'm as round as an average geek.
- Age: a++
- I'm between 50 and 59.
- Computers: C++
- Computers are a large part of my existence. When I get up in the
morning, the first thing I do is log myself in.
- Unix: UA+L+++S-X+
I had an account or two once.
I don't need to crack /etc/passwd because I just modified su
so that it doesn't prompt me. The admin staff doesn't even know
I have a Solaris account.
I used it a fair amount once.
- Perl: P++
- Perl is a powerful programming tool. I don't write shell
scripts anymore because I write them in Perl.
- Linux: L+++
- I use Linux exclusively on my system. I monitor
comp.os.linux.* and even answer questions some times.
- Emacs: !E
- I don't use Emacs.
- Web: W++
- I have a homepage. I surf daily. My homepage is advertised
in my .signature.
- Usenet: N++
- I read all the news in a select handful of groups.
- Windows: w
- Ok, so I use MS Windows. I don't have to like it.
- Politics-Economic: PE
- Distrust both government and business.
- Cypherpunks: Y+
- I have an interest and concern in privacy issues, but in reality
I am not really all that active or vocal.
- PGP: PGP++
- I have the most recent version and use it regularly
- Trek: t+
- It's a damn fine TV show and is one of the only things good
on television any more.
- Babylon 5: 5
- I've seen it, I am pretty indifferent to it.
- X-Files: X--
- If I wanted to watch this kind of stuff, I'd talk to Oliver Stone
- Roleplaying: R
- Role-Playing? That's just something to do to kill a Saturday afternoon.
- Television: tv+
- I watch some tv every day.
- Books: b++
- I find the time to get through at least one new book a month.
- Dilbert: DI+
- I read Dilbert daily, often understanding it
- DOOM!: !D
- I don't play Doom.
- Geek Code: G--
- Not only a waste of time, but it obviously shows that
this Hayden guy needs a life.
- Education: e++
- Got a bachelors degree
- Housing: h--
- Living with one or more people who know nothing about being a
Geek and refuse to watch Babylon 5.
- Sex[m]: y?
- It's none of your business what my sex life is like.